The concept behind Ciociola & Company was clearly ahead of its time. During the big agency era, Mel ran a small to mid-sized branding and advertising agency that knew how to compete with and beat the giants on behalf of some rather amazing clients.
Here are a few noteworthy accomplishments achieved, in addition to operating a successful ad agency in Manhattan for 20 years:
Created the overall launch strategy for San Pellegrino Mineral Water. Positioned, branded, packaged and introduced San Pellegrino to America, helping it grow from a virtually unknown product into the premier bottled water around the world. Ciociola’s creative work ran for more than 20 years and his strategy clearly continues to define the brand today.
- Created major integrated global branding campaigns for multi-national clients, including Booz Allen Hamilton, Matchbox Toys, Movado, and Digital Equipment Corporation.
- Worked with the CDC and The White House on the “Ads Against Aids” campaign, designed to heighten awareness and acceptance of HIV Testing & Prevention.
- Repackaged and re-branded the entire Arm & Hammer Oral Care line, increasing shelf impact, brand identity and sales.
- Positioned, branded and launched the first successful variable life insurance product in America, driving new premium sales for Monarch from $16 million annually to a record $1.6 billion in just four years.
- Positioned, branded and introduced European giants SAP America and Fortis Financial Services to the USA, helping generate significant double-digit growth in awareness and revenues for both companies in just one year.
- Assisted numerous clients with acquisitions, divestitures and spin-offs, such as re-naming and re-branding Olsten Health Services for a spin-off as Gentiva Health Services -- now the largest home health care provider in America.
- Cited on the pages of Business Week magazine 6 times for creating one of the “Top 12 Corporate Advertising Campaigns Of The Year” – for 3 totally different clients.